Saturday, February 6, 2010

Here’s Looking At You, Kid

The beauty of living in any major city, and taking public transportation everywhere, is the amount of people watching it allows you to do.

Walking around New York, I come across or pass hundreds (maybe thousands?) of faces a day. I can’t tell you the number of times I think, “Wow, that person is really good looking… I wonder if they have any idea?”

Chances are no, they don’t. Because I’m not talking about the obvious models that run around and scream "look at me!" I’m noticing the normal people, regardless of age, height, or weight. The people that are just running to catch the subway train bundled up in 30 layers with another 30 things on their mind.

Not to get preachy, but we’re a beautiful species. We walk standing up, we eat with forks and knives, and we can exfoliate! So let’s take a second to appreciate how good looking we all are.

And let me just say…you look great today!

No comments: