Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Be Careful What You Wish For

In this delightful economy I’ve had to apply to a few jobs…and by a few I mean a crazy ridiculous amount. Having to rewrite my cover letter so many times not only becomes tedious, but it’s starting to sound androgynous and boring.

That’s why yesterday I said, “I hope in the future we’ll just be able to record a video message for jobs instead of sending a letter. That way they can see how excited and passionate you are for the position.”

Sure enough, as soon as I said those words my friend Katie sent me a job posting that wanted exactly that…a video resume. Finally, a chance to shine!

What I did not consider was how it would actually look and sound to record your resume. Cut to: Jack Donaghy filming a product integration video for GE.

Jack Donaghy - Product Integration

Call Me Orlando | MySpace Video

In short, it wasn't pretty. Maybe it’s a good thing I'm sticking to paper.

1 comment:

Gypsy said...

Thats priceless. Yeah, I think Id end up looking like a huge idiot if we started doing video resumes. Id try to be excited and it would look all cheesy and as if I was trying too hard (which in fact I would be). Good luck!