Saturday, January 17, 2009

When Playing with fire…don’t.

I’ve always wanted to try one of those ear-wax candles, so I bought one. The instructions said to cut a hole in a paper plate so in case the wax drips it will not burn your face. I did not have a paper plate, but I did have coffee filters. That was my first mistake.

The instructions also said to make sure you do it with another person present so they can monitor how much more time you have. I did have a friend present, but she was reading. That was my second mistake.

Long story short, one of the ashes landed on the highly flammable filter and set it on fire. Completely unaware of this, I said, “Wow this is great! I can really feel the heat!” To which my friend replied, “OH MY GOD MCKENZIE IT’S ON FIRE!”

Frantically, I took the candle out of my ear (indeed it was on fire) and started stomping it with the nearest shoe. Then I poured water on it and completely extinguished the flames out. And then all was well.

So that was my day, how was yours?

1 comment:

Bethany said...

oh. my. gosh. I laughed so hard. There was snorting. I've always wanted to try one of those also... I'll make sure I don't use coffee filters. ;o)