Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Box It Up

Growing up, the beginning of the school year only meant one thing…a new lunch box. There was the Power Ranger lunch box. There was the Barbie lunch box. There was the Magic School Bus lunch box. There was the Power Ranger karate chopping Barbie on the Magic School Bus lunch box (not quite, but that would be funny). Picking a lunch box was a very big deal because you were stuck with it for the entire year.

Your lunch box selection was also a representation of you. One year I had a Lisa Frank puppy dog lunch box which clearly represented the fact that I was a starving artist who threw myself into my love of neon colors and my desire to moonlight as a veterinarian.

Now that I’m older, I understand it’s not professional to walk into work carrying a Care Bears lunch box. But that doesn’t mean I don’t want the option.

But it begs the question….if you could carry a plastic lunch box to work, what would be on your cover?

1 comment:

Bethany said...

definitely unicorns.