Sunday, January 4, 2009

It's A Numbers Game

Ever think about your favorite number? Why is it your favorite? What about your least favorite number? I know what you’re thinking, what's it matter? Well, let me tell you...numbers make all the difference.

Case in point: the year 2008, not my best. Potential reasoning: my least favorite number is eight. 1) It's an even number, I don't really like even numbers--too curvy. 2) It's ugly. Being OCD, I can never get the two circles to look right when I draw one fluid squiggle, which forces me to draw one circle on top of another. This takes up too much time.

I think subconsciously, seeing the number eight everyday had an affect. Seeing something you don't like everyday affects your mood, ever so slightly. But these times are a changing. It's finally 2009! And you can rest easy my friends because this is going to be a good year... I can feel it! Why? Because nine is a much prettier number than eight of course. And it's divisible by three, what could be better? : )

So, I say to 2009: "Welcome! It's good to see you!"

1 comment:

Bethany said...

See, I hate odd numbers. Being OCD, I like things to always come out evenly. Have you ever heard of numerology? It's this sort of fako science, kinda like astrology, that looks at what the important numbers in our lives (birthdays, anniversaries, ages, etc.) say about us and the lives that we lead. It's really interesting... you should look into it.

I miss you. And I still have a million and one things to tell you.