Monday, September 21, 2009

Down, But Not Out

Part of the reason blogging had been slow was due to the fact that I was in the process of applying to the NBC Page Program. Over the last eight months I actually made it into the running. I passed the email screening! Yay! I passed the initial interview! Yay! I had my panel interview! Um, can I do that again?


Unfortunately, I got a friendly letter from the Page Program suggesting that despite my five years of preparation and constant blood sweat and tears (too dramatic?) it would be best if I pursued other opportunities. Wait, what!


It’s okay…I’m okay. After much thought, I realized that the Page People were right and I was not the best fit for their program. No hard feelings and all is well again!


Cue secondary rejection letter!


A month after my first rejection letter, I receive an email stating yet again: “Unfortunately, we will not be extending an offer to you.”


Just when I had come to terms with everything, a beautiful unsolicited little reminder pops into my inbox. Thanks!


No comments: