Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Word To The Exercise Wise

When getting on a treadmill and preparing to run, it’s important to take things slowly.

I went to the gym the other day for what I thought was going to be a nice refreshing workout. Unfortunately, when I got on the treadmill I rushed through the time, weight, intensity, speed, etc. The mill started treading and my legs were going faster and faster, and faster and faster…too fast, actually. Within seconds I was running like a bat out of hell and fearing for my life.

I looked down and noticed I had accidentally set the speed at 12! Smooth McKenzie, real smooth.

I forgot about the emergency stop button and had to catch up to the front of the machine to lower the speed. Eventually, I came to a stop and made a lousy attempt at trying to walk away inconspicuously because my legs were in fact noodles.

Moral of the story: emergency stop buttons are for people like me.

No comments: