Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Highlighted Life

After 18 years of schooling, here are some things my estimated $150,000 education taught me:
1. I’m not allowed to own highlighters.
2. Highlighting an entire page defeats the purpose of highlighting in the first place.
3. Highlighting everything BUT the important lines is not an effective way to study either.
4. The Blue highlighter is soothing to the eyes, and therefore helps you retain the information better.
5. Pink highlighters mean “Party time!,” on the page that is.
6. Orange and Green should not have been made into highlighters, they’re just awkward colors.
7. Neon Yellow is, and will always be, my favorite.
8. Skinny highlighters make me feel more studious.
9. There is nothing more satisfying than seeing a page or study guide covered in different colored highlights.
10. Top 10 lists are always a classy way to conclude an era.

3 comments:

Caity said...

I laughed out loud at number 5! SO true!!!!

Bethany said...

I've found highlighters are a fun way to colorize a page, but ineffectual for me when it comes to studying. Figures I should figure that out by the time I graduate... oh well!

kates said...

I alway use pink highighter. It really sticks in my brain- not too much of a party.