Thursday, March 5, 2009

It’s Not Me, It’s You

I have a confession to make: I’m a Twitter* quitter. (whew, now I feel better.)

I broke up with Twitter less than 12 hours after we made it official. The problem was it was too needy, always having to know what I was doing every moment of the day. Frankly, that’s too much of a commitment. I need my space. I understand there are millions of people who have fulfilling relationships with their Twitter…I am not one of them.

There are only a limited number of hours in a day, which have to be divided among e-mailing, Facebooking, texting, calling, surfing, watching Youtube, etc. I cannot handle one more thing I have to update or check.

We might be able to reconcile and get back together in the future but I can’t make any long-term commitments right now. I will say this: it was good while it lasted. Wait, who am I kidding? No it wasn’t, that’s why I quit.



*Twitter is a social networking and micro-blogging service that allows its users to send and read other users' updates (known as tweets), which are text-based posts of up to 140 characters in length.

No comments: