Saturday, November 8, 2008

Taking My Own Advice


For whatever reason, I was having a sad day. Rather than moping around, I decided to find something to do that would make me feel better. It came in the form of "High School Musical 3."

So I went to the movie by myself. I know what you're thinking: a 21-year-old woman sitting alone in a movie geared toward middle schoolers! However, for all of its hokeyness, it was wonderful. And when I left the theater, I was in a great mood!

Looking back, I realized I took my own advice. I did something completely for myself--and it felt fantastic. So like I said before… be selfish, and don't be embarrassed, it's a waste of time.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I love you, and your advice is always so good.

I'm trying to take your advice today, and do things that make me happy. So far, it's been talking to friends, wearing my favorite clothes and getting ready for a yummy lunch.

And it's sort of working. :o)