Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Going Home


The other day I heard someone say that certain music makes them feel "home”. It was an interesting way to describe music because home is a place and music is a thing. However, the more I thought about it the more it made sense.

Home is a place where you feel safe and comfortable. A place where you can breathe a little easier. Picture lying in your room, surrounded by covers and your favorite possessions.

Think about your favorite artist/musician….your go-to music. After a long day, when you listen to that singer/rhythm/sound, it relaxes you. You feel safe because of the familiar sound. It’s your adult lullaby.

For me, artists like Ray LaMontagne, John Mayer, and Kelly Clarkson (when she’s not yelling) put me to sleep in a good way.

All of this begs the question…what’s your “home” music?

2 comments:

Caroline said...

don't laugh...but rascal flatts.

xxx.

caroline
www.thisiscaroline.com

McKenzie said...

Please, I saw HSM 3 by myself! I would never laugh!