Friday, September 26, 2008

Rain…rain…don’t go away.


I love the rain. It is so wonderful and exciting. Not only does the rain symbolize cleansing, but it is also hilarious. Every time it starts raining outside I get such an overwhelming feeling of joy. Case in point: this summer in NY, my friends and I were on our way to a party in the Bronx. When we got out of the subway it started pouring. Huge, thick, wet raindrops falling from the ski like there was no tomorrow. I started laughing because here we were, all glammed up to go out and have a fun time, and low and behold the rain washes all that glamour right off. Not to mention showing up at someone’s doorstep looking like we just went for a swim. I couldn't strop laughing. Talk about making a subtle entrance, who am I kidding?

The rain is also amazing because it forces you to slow down. Whether it be driving slower, or staying in your cozy house for the night. The rain can give you a break.

The point is… next time the skies open up take a breath and enjoy it.

No comments: