Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Tis' The Season

When a homeless man rejects your food donation, is it time to reconsider your eating habits?

Today on the subway there was a very large man begging for food or money. I didn’t end up eating the lunch I brought and thought (since I had no cash in my wallet) that giving him my lunch would be the Good Samaritan thing to do…until I actually gave it to him.

I had brought rice cakes and hummus for lunch. I was very excited. I thought it was a good lunch. However, the look on his face was more like, “What the fuck is this? Are you really about to hand me your rice cakes and hummus?”

Yes I was, and yes I did. I’m sorry it wasn’t McDonald’s, which upsets my stomach too much.

1 comment:

troubledtrucker38 said...

It was a nice thing to do! You shouldn't feel bad he didn't want to eat your food. If he was really hungry he would of ate it. I do hope he said thanks for the offer!