Monday, July 13, 2009

Smooth Criminal

Not having a job and living in the city has done wondrous things for my free time. Most importantly however it has turned me into a trespassing criminal.

Last week I spent the day out and about in Manhattan. With the beautiful hustle and bustle that is New York, it can get a little loud and I longed for a place to read my book in peace. So, I got the idea to revisit the student center of a prestigious university, where I had lived last summer.

Since I am not a student, getting past the guard was going to be tricky. I walked in, asked to use the restroom, and then stealthily walked to the elevators. Taking the elevator to the second level, I walked out to the balcony, I opened my book, and began reading. Whew, that was close!

New York, what have you done to me?!

No comments: