Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Viewing Of This Movie Is PG-13

What! Oh my gosh! Ahhh! So sweet!!

Hi, my name is McKenzie, and I’m a reactor.

I've decided that the next time I go see a movie, regardless of the rating, I am going stand up and issue a caution. I feel it is everyone’s right to know that I will be “that girl.” Yes, it’s true. I gasp, I sigh, I scream. I am what you would call “a reactor”. Whatever emotion the movie is trying to ignite inside its audience members, I am probably feeling. And I will make it known.

Here’s my defense: I can’t control it. I love movies. I love everything about them. I succumb to the "willing suspension of disbelief.” I invest. When I start watching a movie in a theater, my other senses subside and I get tunnel vision. I cannot vouch for my behavior once the previews begin.

And truthfully, at $12 a ticket, why not invest?

No comments: